coffee cake

now, i know in these pics this doesnt look like the most amazing thing you have ever tasted, but it is...trust me. it is. a woman from my church gave it to me when we first got married and its been jeffs favorite thing since. so, on match day i made it for him before we found out where he was going to residency. its pretty easy but it takes some practice to figure out how long to cook it.
IMG_2121
IMG_2122
sour cream coffee cake
2 sticks butter. cream
2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 c sour cream
2 C flour
cream margarine or butter and mix in eggs and add all ingredients in order.
in separate bowl mix:
1 c chopped nuts (but i dont)
8 T brown sugar
2 t cinnamon

grease bundt pan well and put enough cake batter to cover bottom; add 1/3 of dry mixture. add layer of cake batter and then more dry mixture and rest of batter and the rest of the dry mixture. cook at 350 for 45-60 min.

5 comments:

fromhousetohome said...

Has been a favorite of the whole Barstad clan since you first made it for us!!! LOVE it!!!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

i have been wanting this so badly!! i'm bookmarking this recipe!! :) i'll link you up if i make it and post it!

Brittany and Chase said...

love this recipe!! this is the one I used for play group! we make it every christmas with my family!

katecreate said...

Thanks for the recipe. This looks like it is tasty!

Coastal California said...

it looks like its your "go to" recipe! Just a basic YUM that gets raves everytime. Am I right? I made some like this from Martha Everyday food couple years ago- to die for!! Isn't it just like cinnamon & butter to make you feel cozy :)
Saw you'd left a comment on my blog & had to check in...how sweet of you & how on earth did you find me?? I think the trace of how we link in to blogs is fascinating....
Anyway, thanks & I'll keep tabs on your FoodMoods :)
~Ada in Coastal Cali